Sunday, December 11, 2011

We are all connected

This morning I awoke to the sound of a baby bird..not a small bird a Baby Bird! Oh the joy of hearing new life and being reminded that we are all here on this earth together. We all have a voice and need to be heard and recognized.
We all have our own story to tell, our own journey to travel and our own dragons to slay. I found it so powerful to hear that sound this morning...so beautiful, so clear and with so much purpose. I am from a time and culture where as a child felt I had no voice, no rights. We were not as children allowed to have an opinion, to add out 2 pence as it were.I remember writing alot and taking up poetry, filling pages and pages with my thoughts and feeling dressing it up with rhyme and prose. It  was a great relief to have my voice in that way.


And so....I would, as a mother make sure to facilitate my daughters having a voice, discussing and debating and most of all thinking for themselves and enjoy discovering what indeed a beautiful world we live in despite what is shown on the News!


I bid you a productive and purposeful week.


Hugs Chelsea


2 comments:

MsXpat said...

Here's looking to the future and giving our kids and the positivity and confidence, we was not always fostered in us. You are doing an amazing job and your inspire me :0)

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

thank you MsXpat! You too are doing an amazing job and taken motherhood like a duck to water. Here's to us keeping each others spirits up and supporting and nurturing our offspring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...