Thursday, November 29, 2012

Heritage- For my daughters

I was born in Trinidad the twin isle of the Caribbean.This is our national flag with it's meaning/representation.
Trinidad-tobago Flag



Designed by the Independence Committee and selected to be used as the National Flag in 1962.

The colour Red represents the "vitality of the land and its people; it is the warmth and energy of the sun, the courage and friendliness of the people."

The colour White represents "the sea by which these lands are bound: the cradle of our heritage; the purity of our aspirations and the equality of all men under the sun."

 The colour Black represents "the dedication of the people joined together by one strong bond. It is the colour of strength, of unity, of purpose and of the wealth of the land. 

I feel it is important for my daughters to know where I am from and the culture that influenced my essence.

So girls... pay close attention, I will be doing a series of posts about the country, the culture, the food and essence of Trinidad and Tobago, so stayed tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...